17 April 2008

Why Not

A mix of my thoughts past which keep haunting me because I let them.

Why not go to Sarfari Sam's tonight?
Carrick and I; teach me how to dance.
Detention for a cup of joe.
China Town.
Ask for directions and end up with his address.
Walking through the fog down the hill and back up it in the dark.
Panic- The security guard thinks I am a threat. Why won’t you let me pass?! I need to get to her!
You-talking behind my back.
Me-can't get through to you.
Us-pretending it’s all fine in the face of our mothers.
She runs into someone she knows every time.
Rockridge coffee now and chocolates for eating on the lawn grass.
The Claremont Hotel.
Meet you in Berkeley for lunch; too bad I won’t be around for the fourth of July.
Old, cracked white doors; circular shower curtains.
The father that looks like a homeless hippy free-spirit.
Let me tell you girls a little bit about fair trade coffee...
Garage sale so she can leave the foggy city for Florida.
Look- Irish coffee- "you guys are going to be alcoholics"
Blue knitted hat.
Situational opulence.
Data Rock or Date-a-rock?
Sheet cycling and pretending its fine if we just laugh.
Some Kerouac and Ginsberg to get you started.
#104 Thai dish; don't wear your shoes.
Fresh pizza at 10:30 am.
Last cup of Peet's before we leave.
Making the flight with twenty minutes to spare.
Ride along the boardwalk; lounge about at Alta.
Blonde Redhead tickets.
Frank Lloyd Wright docent.
Standing outside of piano class- waiting to talk to you; wanting to see you less.
A sweaty night to watch a movie.
Wake up at six am.
Sleep at two.
Bike ride down the hill on the hottest day only to get lost and go back up it.
Goodbyes with Goldenspoon.
Meeting the man who told me I am doing everything wrong right now.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I love this flash-narrative type of shit. It feels like a day in mind - just chopped up bits of dialogue and narrative mashed together like a collage to be stowed away in memory.

Good stuff.

Hannah Rebekah said...

This is so good Andrea! You really articulated those San Fran memories well. That is exactly how that trip was...all chopped up and no correlation. You are such a great writer in the way that you can convey emotion in one line. It triggers all of the memories....i wonder who sees someone she knows everywhere.....haha

keep it up! I am officlaly becoming a blogger with you!