13 February 2008

Smokeless Cigarettes

I was deep in sleep, submerged for fifteen minutes or so in pure bliss. It was nothing special; no flying from rooftops, no hopping freight trains to India - no. I was indulging in something my mind has often said “stay away from, they will kill you, those dirty cigarettes.” Yes, I was in a room all to myself, and I lit up.

My conscience followed me partly: Just this one, enjoy it while you are young, every breath of it, for you’ll be gone some way or another. The cigarette, the thing I fought against oh so strongly, happened to be most terribly satisfying.

I sat atop a desk in a dark, dated office situated near the ocean. The view, blocked by the closed shutters, allotted only the sound of crashing waves. Air melted into a soft texture I could wrap myself around, as if inside a painting. I imagined this scene akin to one of the 1930s, where a sex bomb journalist angles herself beside a desk and smokes in the darkness of black and white. Her red lips staining the roll of the cigarette with each touch; slowly melting the hearts of men…

The best part of my indulgence was that it never occurred, and yet I felt ecstasy the whole way through.

Imagine-

Just think what this could behold for the future for smokers and nonsmokers alike.

1 comment:

mila said...

b-e-a-u-tiful... I had the same problem.. fighting against cigarette usage..The only problem was that I did eventually "light up" (not just in my imagination)and it was satisfying...oh so satifying